This dish happens after you have a cookout and have a few ingredients left over. I grilled the chicken with my favorite seasoning and instead of drinking the rest of the crown royal I decided to make a sauce with it. You can serve this chicken with any vegetables, starch, salad you like. You can even make it a sandwich! There’s also a drink to wash it down with from my good friend @Yobartenda.
Grilled Chicken with Crown Royal Glaze
- 4 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 rosemary sprigs chopped
- 1 tablespoon Savory NOLA seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup crown royal
- Heat grill pan or skillet (if using a skillet use 2 tablespoons of oil) over medium-high heat. Season chicken evenly on both sides with rosemary and savory seasoning. Place quarter of rosemary on the side. Grill chicken for 2 minutes each side and place in oven for 5-8 minutes depending on size of breast.
- While chicken is in the oven, add rosemary, garlic, brown sugar and crown to a pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove chicken from oven and glaze with brown sugar and crown glaze. Serve hot with vegetable or starch of your choice.
- ½ red pear sliced
- 4 oz. Crown Royal Rye
- .50 oz. Fresh Lemon juice
- .50 oz. Nectar Agave Syrup
- 4 Dashes of Plum Bitters
- 6 ice cubes
- peel of lemon garnish
- Muddle red pear with all ingredients. Strain over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or mint leaf.