This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This recipe for grilled chicken with crown royal glaze happened after a cookout. I used the few ingredients I had leftover. Instead of drinking the rest of the crown, I decided to make a glaze with it.
Grilled Chicken with Crown Royal Glaze Cooking Tips:
A lot of people struggle with cooking a juicy grilled chicken breast. The secret is you want to cook your chicken for a few minutes on one side, then place it on the cool side of the grill to bake like it was in an oven. For this recipe, we use a grill pan then pop it in the oven to finish cooking. Finishing the cooking in the oven helps the chicken breast cook evenly and remain juicy.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Grilled Chicken: You can make the chicken a day or two in advance. After chicken cools, store in an airtight container for 3 days max.
Crown Royal Glaze: Sauce can be made a day or two in advance. After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature for 7 days max.
Reheating: Grilled Chicken: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Crown Royal Glaze: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts simmer. About 10 minutes or less.
Latest Recipe Video:
Feel free to use your favorite liquor for the glaze.
Chicken thighs work great in this recipe.
You can serve this chicken with any vegetables, starch, salad you like.
You can even make it a sandwich!
what to serve with Grilled Chicken with Crown Royal Glaze?
- Grilled T-Bone with Harissa Sauce and Rosemary Hash Browns
- Flounder with Charred Salsa Black Bean Maque Choux
- Blackened Salmon Pasta
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Grilled Chicken with Crown Royal Glaze
- 4 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 rosemary sprigs chopped
- 1 tablespoon Savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup crown royal
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the grill pan or skillet (if using a skillet use 2 tablespoons of oil) over medium-high heat. Season chicken evenly on both sides with rosemary and savory seasoning. Place quarter of rosemary on the side. Grill chicken for 2 minutes each side and place in oven for 5-8 minutes depending on size of breast.
- While chicken is in the oven, add rosemary, garlic, brown sugar and crown royal to a pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove chicken from oven and glaze with brown sugar and crown glaze. Serve hot with vegetable or starch of your choice.