Strawberry Ginger Lemonade
With the strawberry season around the corner, I’m excited to share my favorite recipe for Strawberry Ginger Lemonade! This refreshing drink will keep you hydrated while still tasting delicious. Keep reading below for the full recipe!
The best part about this recipe is that there are no added sugars, fruit juices or artificial sweeteners in this tasty beverage! It only has fresh strawberries, ginger and lemon juice.
To make this delicious strawberry ginger lemonade, you will need the following key ingredients:
Strawberries are the co-star of this recipe. They provide sweetness and tart flavor. Plus, they provide potassium, vitamin C, and beta-carotene.
Lemon juice provides the refreshing tart flavor that we all love in lemonade.
Ginger provides a spicy but subtle flavor to the lemonade.
Raw Cane Sugar
Raw cane sugar provides more depth of flavor since it contains hints of molasses that granulated sugar does not provide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about homemade strawberry lemonade:
What is strawberry lemonade made of?
Although, I’m not sure what’s in Wendy’s strawberry lemonade. My strawberry lemonade recipe is made of a few easy to find ingredients. Strawberries, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and water. If you find a recipe with more than that leave it where you found it.
How do you make strawberry lemonade from scratch?
Making strawberry lemonade from scratch only take a few minutes from prep to your lips.
Turn the heat to high in a medium pot add the ginger, strawberries, sugar, and 1 ½ cup water, bring to a boil, remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
In a pitcher add the lemon juice and 4 cups of water. Once ginger strawberry mixture is cool, stir into pitcher. Serve over a cup filled with ice. Lemonade is good for 7 days.
What to mix strawberry lemonade with?
You can mix your strawberry lemonade with any alcohol of your choice. Vodka and rum are my two preferred options.
You can add 4 cups of strawberry lemonade drink to a food blender with 2 cups of ice for a refreshing strawberry drink.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Strawberry Ginger Lemonade: You can make the strawberry ginger lemonade 1-3 days in advance. Keep in an airtight pitcher in the refrigerator, stir before serving.
Latest Recipe Video:
Common One to One Substitutions:
Granulated Sugar = Raw Cane Sugar
Frozen Strawberries = Fresh Strawberries
what to serve with Strawberry Ginger Lemonade?
- Best Cheese Burger in America
- Grilled Beef Ribs with Black Cherry Cola Glaze
- Orange-Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing
Strawberry Ginger Lemonade
- 1 inch piece ginger chopped small
- 16 oz. organic strawberries washed, tops removed, quartered
- 1 ½ cups raw cane sugar
- 5 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice 6-8 lemons
- 3 cups ice
- Turn the heat to high in a medium-high pot add the ginger, strawberries, sugar, and 1 ½ cup water, bring to a boil, remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes. Place in a food blender and blitz on high for 10 seconds, until smooth. You should have 4 cups of strawberry ginger juice.
- In a pitcher stir the ice, lemon juice, 4 cups of water and strawberry ginger juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator or serve immediately over a glass filled with ice. Lemonade is good for 7 days.