This past Tuesday was National Tequila Day and I thought it would be fun to play with some tequila in a healthy savory meal. Most of the time you see tequila lime paired with chicken and shrimp but never fish. Well here goes the pairing with fish.
Tequila Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 1 lbs. salmon or what’s local
- 2 teaspoons Savory NOLA or seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mango Salsa:
- ½ cup tequila
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 shallot chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter cold
- 2 mangoes diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- ¼ bunch cilantro chopped
- Season salmon evenly with savory nola and sit to the side for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pot add tequila, lime zest, lime juice, shallot and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2-5 minutes. Reduce the liquid by half. Once reduce add in butter. Sit to the side and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking in a bowl mix mangoes, jalapeño and cilantro together. Once sauce cools stir in to mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat add oil and cook salmon for 1-2 minutes each side depending on how cooked you like the salmon.
- Serve salmon with mango salsa over top.