This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This past Tuesday was National Tequila Day and I was inspired to make my tequila lime salmon with mango salsa recipe. It’s a healthy savory meal. That pairs well with any fish.
Tequila Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa Cooking Tips:
Try using different types of tequila to give this dish a different flavor.
Alphonso mango also known as champagne mangoes are the best mangoes to buy.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Salmon: After fish cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Mango Salsa: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days max.
Reheating: Salmon: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
This recipe works well with chicken, shrimp, crab or lobster.
what to serve with Tequila Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Tequila Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 1 lbs. salmon or what’s local
- 2 teaspoons Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup tequila
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 shallot chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter cold
- 2 mangoes diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- ¼ bunch cilantro chopped
- Season salmon evenly with savory nola and sit to the side for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pot add tequila, lime zest, lime juice, shallot and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2-5 minutes. Reduce the liquid by half. Once reduce add in butter. Sit to the side and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking in a bowl, mix mangoes, jalapeño and cilantro together. Once sauce cools stir in to mix. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat add oil and cook salmon for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on how cooked you like the salmon. Serve salmon with mango salsa over top.