This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
My crawfish fritters are a modern version of a south Louisiana hush puppy. The recipe is simple, and feeds a crowd.
You cannot find Creole cream cheese outside of south Louisiana so using mayo as a substitute will be just find.
Crawfish Fritters Cooking Tips:
This is a great brunch item.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: You can make the fritters in advance and place in an freezer storage bag, after they cool off. Keep in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 48 hours before using.
Fridge: Fritters: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Creole Cream Cheese Remoulade: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Fritters: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
You can add chopped chicken, bacon, shrimp, lobster or green onions to your fritter batter.
You can use whatever milk you have on hand in place of the buttermilk but you will be sacrificing flavor.
Use my remoulade sauce if you cannot find creole cream cheese.
what to serve with Crawfish Fritters with Creole Cream Cheese Remoulade?
- Jerk Chicken Wings with Rice and Peas
- New Orleans Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Gulf Ceviche with Citrus over Tostones
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Crawfish Fritters with Creole Cream Cheese Remoulade
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup masa flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces crawfish tails or boiled shrimp chopped
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg beaten
- oil for frying
Creole Cream Cheese Remoulade
- 11 ounces creole cream cheese or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves or ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 green onions green parts only, sliced
- ¼ red onion chopped small, garnish
- ¼ green bell pepper chopped small, garnish
- 1 small stalk of celery heart chopped small, garnish
- To make fritters: Mix all dry ingredients together, stir in crawfish, buttermilk and egg. Shape into small bite size balls. Turn on the heat to medium high, in a large skillet add oil about half way up, bring oil to 375 degrees, cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- To make Creole cream cheese remoulade: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Mixture should be smooth with a sauce consistency. Mix red onion, bell pepper and celery hearts in a bowl sit to the side for garnish.
- Serve fritters in a bowl with garnishes and sauce in a bowl.