This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This Apple Spice Mint Julep Ice Cream recipe is perfect the Kentucky Derby and is a great way to put a twist on the classic Mint julep and the addition of Markers Mark makes it worth the extra calories. This no-churn recipe takes only a few minutes to assemble to create a creamy, soft churn ice cream.
Ice Cream Tips:
Place bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes before making whipped cream. This will reduce the time it takes to make the perfect whipped cream.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: Ice cream is good for 30 days.
Latest Recipe Video:
You can make this recipe without the whisky. Just substitute 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract for the whisky.
Common One to One Substitutions:
Cinnamon = Apple spice
Whipping Cream = Heavy Whipping Cream
Favorite Whisky= Makers Mark
what to serve with Apple Spice Mint Julep Ice Cream?
Derby season is in full swing and that means one thing – Mint Juleps! I’ve got a fun, new twist on the classic cocktail recipe for you today. This Apple Spice Mint Julep Ice Cream is perfect for enjoying during the race or any time you want something special. The addition of Markers Mark bourbon makes it worth the extra calories. This no-churn recipe takes only a few minutes to assemble to create a creamy, soft churn ice cream. So gather your ingredients and let’s get started! Make the recipe and leave me a 5-star rating if you love it as much as I do.
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Apple Spice Mint Julep Ice Cream
- 15-20 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Makers Mark
- ¼ teaspoon apple spice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 oz. sweet condensed milk
- Place mint leaves in hand and slap to release the essential oils. Add to a small bowl with Makers Mark and apple spice. Steep for 15 minutes, then strain.
- In a bowl mix the salt and heavy cream with a stand mixer for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Stir the mint julep into the condensed milk. Fold in cream and be careful not to take all the air out of the stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a dish, cover, and pop in the freezer overnight. Serve with a sprig of mint.