The grilled apple parfait is a great way to bring in the wonderful flavors of fall. Yes, apples are in season and at their freshest. I plan on using them until spring.
I’m the nontraditional type so I won’t be doing an apple pie fried or glazed. I’ve decided to go with gala and granny smith apples that were firm, ripe, and ready to be devoured. Grilling them will bring out the natural sweetness and add a lovely smoke flavor. Also, adding some butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to make a sauce that’s finished with a flambé of crown royal apple then topped off with ice cream!
Grilled Apple Cooking Tips:
If you do not have a grill pan, sear the apples in a hot dry skillet. Igniting the liquor burns off the alcohol.
Can you make it ahead?
Fridge: After apples cool off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days max.
Reheating: Pop apples in a 350-degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
Try using peaches and crumble vanilla wafers over top for a peach cobbler parfait.
what to serve with Grilled Apple Parfait?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Grilled Apple Parfait
- 4 gala apples cored, quartered
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crown apple
- 8 scoops French vanilla
- 4 mint sprigs garnish
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat, spray with cooking spray. Place apples in pan and cook for 3 minutes until grill marks appear, then cook for 1 minute on other side then remove and sit to the side.
- Over same high heat in a large skillet, add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt stir until melted; add apples and liquor then ignite on fire with a stick lighter and cook until flame burns out.
- To assemble in a glass, add one scoop of ice cream, a spoonful of apples, ice cream, apples and drizzle with pan sauce place a mint in each glass. Destroy immediately!