Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Alabama White BBQ Sauce
I can think of a few ways to use the grill in the summer but on extremely hot days when I have a taste for something grilled I use this recipe. The chicken cooks fast and my Alabama white sauce is an amazing addition to a sandwich.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Alabama White BBQ sauce
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Alabama White BBQ Sauce: I can think of a few ways to use the grill in the summer but on extremely hot days when I have a taste for something grilled I use this recipe. The chicken cooks fast and my Alabama white sauce is an amazing addition to a sandwich.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Chicken Sandwich:
- 4 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 onion sliced thick
- 2 to matoes sliced, garnish
- 16 oz. tri-colored coleslaw garnish
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 4 buns toasted
- Alabama White BBQ:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- Place one chicken in a zip lock bag and with the flat side of a meat tenderizer or heavy bottom skillet, pounded chicken out until evenly flattened, repeat with remaining breast. In a bowl mix salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and Italian seasoning, then evenly season both sides of chicken and let sit at room temperature while you get your grill hot.
- While grill is getting hot in a bowl add all ingredients for white bbq sauce and sit to the side.
- Toss onions in 2 tablespoons of oil coating evenly. Before grilling chicken toss with remaining oil evenly coating each piece. Add to the grill and cook for 3 minutes each side. Grill onions for 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Spread butter on bread and toast on grill for 2 minutes each side.
- When chicken comes off the grill dip it in white sauce then assemble sandwich. Assemble sandwich, bottom bun, coleslaw, slice of tomato, chicken, 2 tablespoons sauce, grilled onion and top bun.
Preheat grill to 375-400 F Alabama bbq sauce is best if used in 3 days after making it. You can split the sauce between two different bowls one for dipping and the other for extra sauce on the side.