Bangkok Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce- This recipe is inspired by my recent trip to Bangkok. Street food is Bangkok and there was no shortage of chicken skewers on every street you go down. This is an easy recipe with moist chicken tenders and a spicy chunky peanut sauce.
Bangkok Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Marinade:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red thai curry paste
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 12 wooden skewers soaked for 30 minutes
- Bangkok Peanut Sauce:
- ¾ cup Crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red thai curry paste
- 1 serrano chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Pinch salt
- ¼ bunch cilantro chopped
- In a bowl mix all ingredients with ¼ cup of coconut milk except chicken and skewers. Let mixture sit for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Spray grill with cooking spray before cooking or use a heavy bottom skillet. Stick one wooden skewer through each tenderloin. Cook for 4 minutes each side. Sit to the side.
- While chicken’s cooking in a pot over medium-low heat add remaining coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, curry paste, serrano, sugar, vinegar, salt and bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- With a basting brush baste both side of tenderloins when they come off the grill. Garnish with cilantro, pour remaining sauce in a bowl for dipping.