This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
These brisket nachos recipe is perfect for game day football appetizers. Easy to assemble and a crowd pleaser what’s not to enjoy. The best part about these nachos is everyone has the good stuff on it and no chip will be left dry with none of the toppings.
Brisket Nachos Cooking Tips:
You can make these with chicken, shrimp, pork or make them vegan.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Beans: After beans cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Chipotle Sour Cream: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Beans: Bring a small amount of stock or water to a boil and stir in beans, cook until hot. *A 1/4 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
You can substitute refried beans for black beans to omit the pureeing part. Just taste beans and season them to taste before assembling nachos.
If you’re doing these for a party, just assemble and keep to the side before popping in the oven.
what to serve with Brisket Nachos?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans or pinto rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 bag corn round chips
- 2 lbs. brisket chopped
- 4 cups Colby jack cheese shredded
Chipotle Sour Cream
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 adobo chipotles
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- iceberg shredded, garnish, optional
- guacamole garnish, optional
- salsa garnish, optional
- pickled jalapenos garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Heat a pot over a medium heat, add oil and add onion cook for 2 minutes, add black beans, salt, black pepper and water cook for 10 minutes. Mash beans with fork or puree in a food processor. Place in a zip lock bag and cut about ½-1 in from corner bag.
- Place chips on a foiled lined baking sheet, do not over crowd. Assemble one chip at a time, pipe black beans puree on chip, add brisket, then cover with cheese, repeat until all chips are filled, pop in oven and cook until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- To make chipotle sour cream, add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz on high for 1 minute.