This dish is perfect for game day football appetizers. Easy to assemble and a crowd pleaser what’s not to enjoy. You can make these with chicken, shrimp, pork or make them vegan. The best part about these nachos is everyone has the good stuff on it and no chip will be left dry with none of the toppings.
Tips for Success:
You can substitute refried beans for black beans to omit the pureeing part. Just taste beans and season them to taste before assembling nachos. If you’re doing these for a party, just assemble and keep to the side before popping in the oven.
latest Recipe Video:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans or pinto rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 bag corn round chips
- 2 lbs. brisket chopped
- 4 cups Colby jack cheese shredded
Chipotle Sour Cream
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 adobo chipotles
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- iceberg shredded, garnish, optional
- guacamole garnish, optional
- salsa garnish, optional
- pickled jalapenos garnish, optional
- Heat a pot over a medium heat, add oil and add onion cook for 2 minutes, add black beans, salt, black pepper and water cook for 10 minutes. Mash beans with fork or puree in a food processor. Place in a zip lock bag and cut about ½-1 in from corner bag.
- Place chips on a foiled lined baking sheet, do not over crowd. Assemble one chip at a time, pipe black beans puree on chip, add brisket, then cover with cheese, repeat until all chips are filled, pop in oven and cook until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- To make chipotle sour cream, add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz on high for 1 minute.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!