Easy Honey Garlic Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Wing Cooking Tips:
Let chicken wings come to room temperature before cooking, 10-15 minutes.
Buy drumettes for a larger crowd. If you buy the whole wing, separate the drum from the flat.
How do you know when chicken wings are done?
Can I use frozen chicken wings?
Yes, thaw frozen wings 12-24 hours in the fridge before using. Frozen chicken wings will not cook evenly in your air fryer or any other cooking device. You want to create a crispy exterior we want for this recipe. Thawed or fresh chicken works best for this recipe.
Can you bake these wings?
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Chicken Wings: Wings can be made one day in advance.
Honey Garlic Sauce: Garlic honey sauce can be made one day in advance. Keep in an air tight container for 5 days. Heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Freezer: Chicken Wings: You can make wings in advance, do not toss in sauce. Place in an airtight container, after it cools off. Keep in the freezer for 3 months. Thaw 24-48 hours before using.
Reheating: Chicken Wings: Reheat in a 350°F air fryer for 4-6 minutes.
Latest Recipe Video:
How To cook Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
To make chicken wings in air fryer. In a large bowl toss chicken wings in oil. In a bowl mix salt, garlic powder, black pepper and Savory. Evenly sprinkle over chicken wings, toss to combine. Turn air fryer on to 400°F, spray the air fryer pan for 4 seconds with cooking spray.
Place chicken wings in an even layer. If you have a smaller air fryer you’ll need cook in batches. Cook for 12 minutes, flip over cook for 12 minutes.
Why do you put baking powder on Chicken Wings?
The best way to get crispy wings in an air fryer is by adding some baking powder to your chicken wings. The baking powder will draw out the skin’s moisture, which will allow better browning and crispier wings. You will not taste the baking powder at all.
Do not use baking soda, only baking powder. However, baking powder contains baking soda. The addition of cream of tartar and cornstarch makes it a different ingredient.
what to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
Honey Garlic Air Fryer Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings flats and drum separated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ¾ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons Savory Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fine garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl toss chicken wings in oil. In a bowl mix salt, garlic powder, black pepper, Savory and baking powder. Evenly sprinkle over chicken wings, toss to combine. Turn air fryer on to 400°F, spray the air fryer pan for 4 seconds with cooking spray. Place chicken wings in an even layer. If you have a smaller air fryer you’ll need cook in batches. Cook for 12 minutes, flip over, cook for 12 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, in a large bowl mix together the honey, garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne and water. Toss hot wings in sauce. Serve hot and drizzle over the remaining sauce.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!