Fried Chicken Tacos
These fried chicken tacos were inspired by Torchy’s. They have a taco called the trailer park, that’s fire!
Fried Chicken Tacos Cooking Tips:
Any boneless piece of chicken will work for these tacos. Depending on which piece you use you may have to cut it to fit on the taco. Fish works great for this recipe also.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Fried Chicken Tacos: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Poblano Sauce: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 30 days max.
Reheating: Fried Chicken Tacos: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
The poblano recipe makes about 2 cups of sauce, you can cut the recipe in half or use the leftover sauce on fish, steak, pork, vegetables, baked potatoes or anything else you need a great sauce for.
You can cut the recipe in half or save it for a sauce on anything. The sauce will keep in the fridge for 1 month in an air tight container.
You can use flour tortillas if you like.
what to serve with Fried Chicken Tacos ?
Fried Chicken Tacos
Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup taco seasoning or ½ cup savory seasoning
- 12 chicken tenders
- 2 cups flour
- oil for frying
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup pico de gallo store brought
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- 1 poblano pepper charred and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 oz. green chilies
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- In a bowl mix buttermilk and ¼ cup taco seasoning together then add chicken tenders and let sit for 15 minutes. Add remaining taco seasoning to flour, dredge tenders in flour and fry in oil that’s 350 F degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- In a blender add all ingredients for poblanos sauce and blitz on high for 1 minute add some water if mixture will not blend.
- Toast tortillas in a dry skillet for 30 seconds each side before assembling tacos. Assemble tortillas, poblano sauce, chicken tenders, ¼ cup cheese, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!